Thursday, August 13, 2009

Murphy's Law

Seems like things always happen when you least want them or expect them to! We were having a great day yesterday (the big guy crawled!)then all of a sudden I discovered our basement freezer shit the bed on us! EVERYTHING was thawing! We had just gotten over $300 worth of meat and were scrambling at almost 11 pm to get everything into another freezer. NOT FUN! Total buzz kill!
But I guess that's one of the moments that you need to return your focus to the good things (although its not easy) and get over the crappy stuff as quickly as possible. Being a parent (and a homeowner) seems to me to mean this kind of stuff fills your life.......good, bad......up, down......you've just got to find a way to deal with it. The easiest thing I've found to do is to take a deep breath and look at my little guy. Just a glance at his sweet little face (even if he's screaming bloody murder) snaps me back to thinking that no matter what is going on, I have this little person who is depending on me. It doesn't matter if the pipes are leaking, it doesn't matter if things are breaking, he needs ME (well, us really) and we will make everything in his world all right. And it is my plan to do just that for as long as I possibly can.

Just a note: We are headed South for vaca, so posts may be very short and sweet or non-existent for about a week!! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment